Monday, March 7, 2011

Upheval

So, I've decided (and these were some insanely difficult decisions) to stop reviewing at the SFF blog, at least for the foreseeable future.

Basically, I'm having a personal meltdown, but I won't bore you with the details. This blog will carry on, because I'll still be writing - in fact, I'll be posting more regularly than I have.

I'm about half-way with the second draft of the still-without-title novel, and while I was visiting my parents in Australia I rewrote and edited some short stories to get them ready for submission; I submitted Bloodheat to Weird Tales and Angelsong to Analog and I should be hearing back from them (hopefully with a yea and not a nay) in around five weeks.

I'm pushing to have the novel ready by the end of this month, as I've got some pretty cool interest in it - from here in SA as well as the US, and I've confirmed with two agents that I can submit the novel to them when it's ready. So hold thumbs for all of that, will you? :)

Anyhow, for all those out there who have an idea for a story and want some advice on how to begin, read this post at Magical Worlds by Fantasy Author David B Coe - very good advice! :)

Be EPIC!

2 comments:

  1. Good news that you have interest in your novel! Good luck with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting some interest on your novel. I hope the agents snap it up:-)

    ReplyDelete