Monday, August 20, 2012

J. Robert King & Devlin Chase Comment on Twisted!

Twisted has been live on Phantasmagorium's Weekly Offering-page for three days now and I've had some great comments on the story, most from friends, some from family, and some from fellow writers still writing and un-published. The response so far has been overwhelmingly positive and I couldn't be more pleased -

- but -

Two opinions have done enough to send me through the stratosphere - above and beyond the comments that Edward Morris had about Twisted. :-)

One of the comments on the story came from J. Robert King, author of over twenty novels including the two awesome titles from Angry Robot Books, Angel of Death and Death's Disciples. Rob is an amazing writer and storyteller and I was so surprised that he took the time to read Twisted - after all, it's not often that published writers read the work of unpublished writers! And to say I'm honoured by what Rob had to say about Twisted is an understatement!

"Great story! Terrific writing! I love the twisting of fairy tale tropes, the connections between these various stories, and this revenge plot emerging at the end. Well done, Dave!"

Rob wasn't the only author who commented on Twisted, though; Devlin Chase, arguably South Africa's only Paranormal Romance writer (with her The Vengeful Elements series), as well as a friend and fellow Bookseller, blew me away with what she had to say. :-)

"Nice one, Dave. Very atmospheric. Thoroughly enjoyed it."

I couldn't be more pleased - two published authors commenting on my first-ever publicly available story. :-) But I would love even more opinions on the piece, so please head over to Phantasmagorium's Weekly Offering-page and give yourself ten minutes to read my twisted little tale. :-) It'll go off the site sometime on Thursday the 30th of August, so there's still time to read it. :-)

I've got more incoming - after all, the tale only begins with Twisted... ;-)

Be EPIC! 



No comments:

Post a Comment