Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Twisted and Torn

So, Twisted was (according to everyone who got in touch to let me know) a hit. :-)

Back when I wrote it (and believe it or not, Twisted was a one-sitting, one-draft story) I had no idea it would ever see more readers than my friends and work collegues, but to have two authors like it enough to let me know (and a third author who writes excellent SF, no less!)... Well, that's just beyond what I expected. I'm honoured and pleased and, to put it lightly, absolutely terrified!

For the past couple of weeks I've really been struggling to write - had a chat about this with my therapist (yep, I see one and she rocks) and we came to the understanding that I'm scared I won't be able to get results (not even the same results - I mean any result) from either Twisted's sequel or from Angel Song... I know it must be a constant writer-fear and damn, is it irritating!

Well, hopefully I've knocked that fear to the mat this time round - I finished Torn this afternoon and I have to say that I'm very happy with the tale - it's got a different feel to Torn, a different atmosphere that -I guess- is there because of the new characters I introduce, but I had so much fun writing it, and I've got some kickass and concrete ideas for the third tale, which I'm hoping to get started on this coming weekend.

But I guess the only thing for sure is this - the readers who read and liked Twisted want more, so I guess I gotta give 'em what they want, huh? ;-) Jokes aside, I want to give those readers more, and step by step, story by story, that's what's going to happen. :-)

I'm waiting on an official submission-success message which will see Twisted back out there around November, so as soon as I get that you'll all know. :-) I'll give Torn another pass or two before I submit it to the awesome Edward Morris at Phantasmagorium, and I'm hoping he'll dig it enough to give me another week on the Weekly Offering. :-)

Regarding Angel Song, I'm waiting on the contract. :-)

And regarding Betrayal's Shadow - this weekend will see me getting back to it. This story above all the others is one I want to be able to share with readers, and the only way that'll happen is if I knuckle down and get-it-the-fuck done. :-)

So, until my next update, I hope you've all been awesomely kickass!

Be EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment