Monday, October 1, 2012

Announcing AfroSF: Science Fiction by African Writers (Anthology)

Very proud and deliriously happy to be sharing this news with you - 'Angel Song', my Military-SF short story, is officially one of the stories that has been included in this ground-breaking anthology! :-) So that makes 'Angel Song' the second short story I've sold - and I couldn't be more happy or proud. :-)

AfroSF is the brainchild of Ivor W Hartmann, writer and editor, who's work you may have come across in publications such as The Apex Book of World SF 2, Saraba, Something Wicked and African Roar.




AfroSF is the first-ever anthology featuring Science Fiction writers of African descent, both on the continent and abroad, and I'm incredibly honoured to have one of my stories included in this anthology! Definitely a dream come true! :-)

Here's the final Table of Contents, which Ivor released along with the cover, on Friday just past:


‘Moom!’ Nnedi Okorafor
‘Five Sets of Hands’ Cristy Zinn
‘Home Affairs’ Sarah Lotz

‘New Mzansi’ Ashley Jacobs
'Azania’ Nick Wood

‘Notes from Gethsemane’ Tade Thompson

‘Planet X’ Sally Partridge

‘The Gift of Touch’ Chinelo Onwualu

‘The Foreigner’ Uko Bendi Udo

‘Angel Song’ Dave-Brendon de Burgh

‘The Rare Earth’ Biram Mboob

‘Terms & Conditions Apply’ Sally-Ann Murray

‘Heresy’ Mandisi Nkomo

‘Closing Time’ Liam Kruger

‘Masquerade Stories’ Chiagozie Fred Nwonwu

‘The Trial’ Joan De La Haye


‘Brandy City’ Mia Arderne 
‘Ofe!’ Rafeeat Aliyu

‘Claws and Savages’ Martin Stokes

‘To Gaze at the Sun’ Clifton Gachagua

‘Proposition 23’ (Novelette) Efe Okogu



AfroSF will be published in December 2012 in eBook format, and will follow at a later date in a print-version. :-)  I'm so, so proud to be a part of this! This is definitely an event and anthology that does and will rock and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we absolutely cannot wait to share our tales with you. :-)

Should any reviewers out there want an eARC once they're made available, please don't hesitate to get in contact with either Ivor or us and I'm sure we'll be able to organize a copy for you - for a review, of course. ;-)


I will, of course, keep you updated - exact release date, e-Formats, sites where you will be able to purchase AfroSF, and whatever else is linked to this very exciting anthology. :-) I am absolutely looking forward to reading my fellow-contributors' stories, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy them as much as you will, come Pub-Day. :-)

Until next time,
Be EPIC!


No comments:

Post a Comment