Saturday, September 14, 2013

Editing, Projects and Reviews

It's been a while since my last post, and I can only say that work and writing has kept me busy. :-)

This coming Monday (16 September) I'll be receiving the edits for BETRAYAL'S SHADOW from my publisher, and I can't express just how much I'm looking forward to getting started! I love this book and this story, but I know that there's plenty that needs fixing before the public gets to read it, and I'm looking forward to making this novel the best it can possibly be. :-)

I've got a couple of other writing projects I'm busy with, too - one of them (as yet untitled) is story that will pave the way for the novel, focusing on events thousands of years before the novel's beginning. The writing of it is proving to be both a challenge and a joy, since I'm now exploring concepts and ideas -part of the novel's back-story- in much greater detail. The story will serve as a kind of introduction for some of the plot-lines in the novel, but can also be read as a stand-alone tale - at least, that's the plan! ;-) As soon as I'm done with it I'll submit it to my publisher and get their take on it, and I'll keep you all updated. :-)

I'm also involved in a five-way collaboration with four awesome writers - Tade Thompson, Ashley Jacobs, Martin John Stokes and Mandisi Nkomo. The names sound familiar because all of them had excellent stories published in AfroSF: Science Fiction by African Writers, and we'll be submitting a story to a new anthology from Horrified Press:



The process behind our submission has been damned interesting, and we're all excited by what we've come up with! As soon as the story has been submitted we'll let you all know, and then it's your turn to hold thumbs for us! :-)

Over on the review blog, I read and reviewed the for novelettes that Fox and Raven has published so far, so check them out, discover some great new storytellers, and purchase your copies from Amazon US or UK:

Passing Visions by Martin John Stokes,
The Triarchy's Emissary by Nyki Blatchley
The Dead City Blues by Yelena Calavera
Pigs in Golfs by Mia Arderne

Remember to check out Fox and Raven Publishing for news, and if you'd like to keep up with me on FB, go ahead and 'Like' my Page. :-)

Until next time's sporadic updates on the editing of the novel,
Be EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment